Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I tried making these wings for a party, everyone loved them! Don't let the smell of the fish sauce scare you, the flavor is wonderful when cooked. I found that the longer you marinate the chicken in the sauce before cooking, the better. I let mine sit in the fridge overnight for at least 8 hours before cooking. Have used this recipy many times over. If you don't have fresh lemongrass, can substitute dry lemongrass, found that works just as well
- 3 lbs chicken wings, split at the joint, tips removed
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions, whites
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped lemongrass
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- .Rinse the wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside in a large bowl while you prepare the marinade. Combine the garlic, shallots, ginger, scallions, lemongrass, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and peanut oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the wings and place in a large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium. Remove the wings from the marinade; reserve the marinade to brush the wings while they cook. Place the wings on the grill and cook, turning every few minutes and basting with the marinade for the first 18 or so minutes. Continue to grill the wings until cooked through, 8 to 10 more minutes.
- Place the wings on a serving platter and garnish with the peanuts and cilantro.