1/1 Photo of Grilled Vietnamese Chicken Breasts
Me & Mr. Jones's Note:
From BHG.com recipe newsletter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 French rolls, split
- 1/4 cup radish sprouts
- 1/2 cup broccoli slaw mix (broccoli slaw mix)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1Rinse chicken; pat dry. Combine sesame oil and crushed red pepper; brush over chicken.
- 2Grill chicken on the lightly greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once.
- 3Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan,* stir together sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, oil, garlic, and 2 tablespoons water. Heat on grill rack until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. For the last 1 minute of grilling, place split rolls on the grill rack to toast.
- 4To serve, place cooked chicken breasts on bottom halves of rolls; spoon on sauce and top with radish sprouts, broccoli, peanuts (if desired), and roll tops. Makes 4 servings.
- 5*Note: The heat from the grill will blacken the outside of the saucepan, so use an old one or a small cast-iron skillet.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vietnamese Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.8
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 873.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: