1/3 Photos of Grilled Vietnamese Chicken
This chicken is just full of flavor. Scoring the breast or thigh before marinating allows the marinade to penetrate the meat better and faster. I found this recipe in Cooking Pleasures Magazine and we just loved it. Another plus is a short marinading time that does not compromise the flavor at all. Longer would only make it better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat grill.
- 2Place all the ingredients except the chicken in a shallow glass baking dish and stir them together.
- 3Make shallow slits across the chicken breast, going a little deeper in the thick end.
- 4Make shallow slits long ways, resulting in a slight diamond pattern in the meat.
- 5Put the chicken in the marinade and make sure some gets in the slits.
- 6This only needs to marinade for 10 or 15 minutes to pick up the flavor, I believe this is because of the slits.
- 7Place on grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until no longer pink.
- 8Turn once during cooking.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vietnamese Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.6
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 847.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 25.8 g