Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This chicken is just full of flavor. Scoring the breast or thigh before marinating allows the marinade to penetrate the meat better and faster. I found this recipe in Cooking Pleasures Magazine and we just loved it. Another plus is a short marinading time that does not compromise the flavor at all. Longer would only make it better.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (I use red pepper flakes and it was VERY good)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (thighs would work well too)
- Heat grill.
- Place all the ingredients except the chicken in a shallow glass baking dish and stir them together.
- Make shallow slits across the chicken breast, going a little deeper in the thick end.
- Make shallow slits long ways, resulting in a slight diamond pattern in the meat.
- Put the chicken in the marinade and make sure some gets in the slits.
- This only needs to marinade for 10 or 15 minutes to pick up the flavor, I believe this is because of the slits.
- Place on grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Turn once during cooking.
Perfect grilled chicken for a hot day! We paired it with a tossed green salad with sesame dressing and wonton chips, excellent!
Very tender and flavorful! Simple and easy. Served with a slightly modified http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Asian-Sweet-and-Spicy-Noodles-Low-FatVegetarian-171955 On our list to make again, thanks for sharing
Very good. Lots of flavor. Everyone raved. thanks.