This chicken is just full of flavor. Scoring the breast or thigh before marinating allows the marinade to penetrate the meat better and faster. I found this recipe in Cooking Pleasures Magazine and we just loved it. Another plus is a short marinading time that does not compromise the flavor at all. Longer would only make it better.
- Heat grill.
- Place all the ingredients except the chicken in a shallow glass baking dish and stir them together.
- Make shallow slits across the chicken breast, going a little deeper in the thick end.
- Make shallow slits long ways, resulting in a slight diamond pattern in the meat.
- Put the chicken in the marinade and make sure some gets in the slits.
- This only needs to marinade for 10 or 15 minutes to pick up the flavor, I believe this is because of the slits.
- Place on grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Turn once during cooking.