6 hrs 9 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
From the Chatelaine magazine. Posted for ZWT4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chili-garlic sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander (optional)
- 1Whisk together marinade ingredients and set aside.
- 2Trim fat from beef and cut into bite sized chunks;.
- 3Place beef and marinade in a plastic bag and refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight.
- 4When ready to cook, oil grill and heat barbecue to medium-high.
- 5Cut peppers into squares.
- 6Alternately thread beef and peppers onto skewers, and save marinade.
- 7Place skewers on grill. Grill with lid closed, turning occasionally and brushing with marinade, for 5 minute Discard remaining marinade.
- 8Continue grilling, uncovered, until meat is lightly charred and resists slightly when pressed, 4 to 8 more minute
- 9Remove to a platter and sprinkle with mint.
- 10Serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vietnamese Beef Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.2
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 547.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: