Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Chatelaine magazine. Posted for ZWT4.
Make and share this Grilled Vietnamese Beef Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chili-garlic sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander (optional)
- 3 lbs top sirloin beef
- 12 -16 skewers, presoaked in water
- 2 red bell peppers (optional)
- chopped fresh mint (optional) or cilantro leaf (optional)
- Whisk together marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Trim fat from beef and cut into bite sized chunks;.
- Place beef and marinade in a plastic bag and refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, oil grill and heat barbecue to medium-high.
- Cut peppers into squares.
- Alternately thread beef and peppers onto skewers, and save marinade.
- Place skewers on grill. Grill with lid closed, turning occasionally and brushing with marinade, for 5 minute Discard remaining marinade.
- Continue grilling, uncovered, until meat is lightly charred and resists slightly when pressed, 4 to 8 more minute
- Remove to a platter and sprinkle with mint.
- Serve with lime wedges.
DH and I made these skewers for a BBQ last night. They were nice and very easy to put together. DH wished the meat had been a little more flavorful, but otherwise we thought it tasted very good. We followed the directions and marinating time as posted and used the bell peppers and cilantro. Thank you for a nice dish! Made for ZWT.