Recipe by Dee_73
This recipe calls for 4 Vidalia onions, but depending on how many people your serving you just adjust accordingly ie: One Vidalia would feed 2 people as you cut them up after grilling.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill.
- Core onions with sharp knife so there is a hole in the onion, but don't go all the way through! The butter has to sit somewhere.
- Wrap two strips of bacon around the onion securing with a toothpick.
- Put a teaspoon of butter inside the onion.
- Wrap onion with foil
- Grill onion for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Cool onions and cut into quarters and serve.