Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Per serving: 417 calories, 11 g fat, 30.5 g protein, 49.1 g carb, 3.2 g fiber, 38 mg cholesterol.
- 3⁄4 cup cola
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) flank steaks, trimmed
- 3⁄4 cup minced arugula
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 6 slices vidalia onions (1/2-inch thick slices)
- 6 kaiser rolls
- 12 slices tomatoes (1/4-inch thick slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the steak: combine the first 7 ingredient in a large zip-lock heavy duty plastic bag.
- Add steak; seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Remove the steak from the bag, reserving the marinade.
- Pour the marinade into a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil; set aside.
- Prepare grill.
- To make the dressing: combine the arugula and mayonnaise; set aside.
- Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until steak is medium-rare (or desired degree of doneness).
- Remove steak from grill; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Place onion slices on grill rack; grill 4 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Place rolls on grill rack, cut sides down; grill 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain in to thin slices.
- Spread 2 tablespoons dressing on bottom half of each roll; divide steak, tomato, and onion evenly among bottom halves of rolls.
- Top with top halves of rolls.