Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Entered for ZWT. By Neil Perry, "Food Source -- New Zealand". Feijoa is sometimes called pineapple guava; it is grown in South America, New Zealand, California and Florida. Possible substitutes for feijoa are kiwifruit, pineapple, strawberries, or guava. For pepper heat scale: jalapeno = 5000 Scoville; Anaheim = 2500; Serrano = 25000.
- 2 venison sausage
- 2 feijoas or 2 kiwi fruits, roughly sliced
- 1⁄2 Spanish onion, roughly sliced
- 1 long green shallot, roughly sliced lengthways
- 1⁄2 bunch mint, picked from stem
- 2 anaheim chilies or 2 serrano chilies, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Grill the sausages on a hot BBQ & slice.
- Mix together with all remaining ingredients & toss gently.