Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet - I'm saving it here for the day a hunter friend brings me some "wild" meat - or I splurge by purchasing some farm-raised game at Black Angus. This recipe is a favourite of Ted Reader "King of the Q"! Timing doesn't include 2 hours to marinate.
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) bottlehoney brown lager beer
- 3 lbs venison (racks frenched)
- 1⁄4 cup honey brown lager beer
- 1⁄2 cup gourmet style barbecue sauce
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl & mix well.
- Place racks in a large glass dish & pour beer mixture over top, being careful to evenly coat racks on all sides; cover & refrigerate racks and allow to marinate for 2 hours.
- Combine basting ingredients in a bowl, season with salt & pepper to taste and set aside; drink remaining beer!
- Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450F to 500F).
- Remove racks from marinade (discard excess) and grill for 6 - 8 minutes per side (for medium-rare), basting liberally with sauce during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Remove racks from grill & let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into 1 - 2 inch thick chops; drizzle with extra sauce & serve.