Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple way to enjoy venison steaks. The foil packet is easily made by ripping off a large sheet of foil, place ingredients on one half, fold the foil over the ingredients and then fold all the edges over to seal the packet. If you like spicy, go ahead and increase the seasoning to 2 teaspoons (I usually just sprinkle it on). You can also add some minced garlic or a shot of wine. Grilling time will vary on how thick your steaks are and how you like it cooked.
- 1 lb venison steak (ours are usually 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 ounces fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon mccormick grill mates spicy McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Place venison steaks on foil.
- Place pats of butter over steaks.
- Then cover steaks with sliced onions and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle spicy steak seasoning over all.
- Fold foil into packet and seal edges.
- Place on hot grill and grill for about 10 minutes. We usually flip the packet, but its not necessary.
- Carefully slice open foil - steam will be very hot. Enjoy!
Great meal. I can't belive how quick this was to put together and to cook. I literally had dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. Awesome in my book!! I used venison tenderloin and I added some red bell pepper just because I had some left over from this morning. I forgot to add the butter. I thought I had Montreal steak seasoning well I couldnt find it so I used a St Louis steak seasoning. It was alittle salty but it turned out great. Meat was really tender. Everyone was happy with the results. Thanks so much for posting. Made for 123 Hits.
Great recipe. My Canadian Steak Seasoning was VERY salty, so next time I will use much less. I used garlic/parsley butter which was nice. My deer steaks were actually deer rounds that I butterflied with great results. Mushrooms were fab and I will add more next time. THANKS for a keeper of a recipe.
It was my first time trying venison steak. Sure I prefer beef. But DH loves venison. He liked this method of cooking it. But we didn't eat the onions and mushrooms. The Montreal steak seasoning are great on the venison steak. Thanks Kim. Made for Please Review My Recipe.