Recipe by Kim127
This is a simple way to enjoy venison steaks. The foil packet is easily made by ripping off a large sheet of foil, place ingredients on one half, fold the foil over the ingredients and then fold all the edges over to seal the packet. If you like spicy, go ahead and increase the seasoning to 2 teaspoons (I usually just sprinkle it on). You can also add some minced garlic or a shot of wine. Grilling time will vary on how thick your steaks are and how you like it cooked.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
Everyone in my family gave these between 3 and 4 stars. The one comment I kept getting was the venison didn't have as much flavor as the mushrooms. Next time I will probably add steak seasoning directly to the venison before adding the butter, onions, mushrooms and final steak seasoning. Love how quick this was to put together and clean up was a breeze.
- 1 lb venison steak (ours are usually 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 ounces fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon mccormick grill mates spicy McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Place venison steaks on foil.
- Place pats of butter over steaks.
- Then cover steaks with sliced onions and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle spicy steak seasoning over all.
- Fold foil into packet and seal edges.
- Place on hot grill and grill for about 10 minutes. We usually flip the packet, but its not necessary.
- Carefully slice open foil - steam will be very hot. Enjoy!