1/1 Photo of "Grilled" Venison Burgers
Delicious venison burgers with that "just grilled" taste right from your stovetop. Actually they are better cooked in cast iron rather than on the grill. And no one will know they are made from venison! Until I made these burgers, I never liked pre-formed, frozen burgers that I made. Now, my husband and I prefer these to beef burgers, and they are much lower in fat. I keep a supply in the freezer for quick lunches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- 2Add venison and mix well.
- 3Add liquid ingredients and mix well with a fork, until bread crumbs are barely noticeable.
- 4On plastic wrap, form into 8 (4 ounce) patties, making them round and very flat-- like a fast-food burger.
- 5They can be cooked immediately, but I prefer to freeze them first.
- 6Place them on a large cookie sheet and freeze them several hours.
- 7Remove from freezer and place waxed paper between each burger as you stack them.
- 8I stack them in 2 1-quart freezer zip-lock bags.
- 9Preheat cast iron skillet to very hot.
- 10Cook frozen burgers until they are slightly charred on one side (about 3-4 minutes) and then turn and cook until the other side is slightly charred and burgers are medium-well.
- 11Do not overcook.
- 12Turn burner off and leave burgers in the pan while you put condiments on your hamburger bun.
- 13If cooking thawed burgers, cook about 2-3 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Grilled" Venison Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 243.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 22.5 g