Threw this together one night when it was too hot to cook...we were amazed at how delicious it turned out. So easy, healthy and fast. Easy clean up and pretty much a one-dish meal. I have a veggie basket for the grill and use that but have also included instructions for using your oven. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large onion
- 20 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 6 ounces mushrooms
- Mix up shrimp marinade and marinade shrimp for 1 hour in fridge.
- Mix cut veggies with olive oil and salt and pepper and let sit for one hour.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill veggies for 25 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done.
- Grill shrimp about 3 minutes per side or until pink and curled.
- If you want to use the oven to cook the veggies, roast at 450 for 30 minutes, turning every ten minutes or so, or until done.
Loved it ! Dh thought that this was a tad sweet, but I loved it just as it is. We made a few minor changes: I'm allergic to mushrooms so we threw in a little broccoli and thinly sliced carrot as a substitution for the mushrooms and I also added an entire bunch of cilantro (coriander) becuase we adore the stuff, and if you do too, then adding more is something I would recomend because it offsets the chipotle chili brilliantly. The honey and mustard still shine though and they balance out the chilies more than I imagined they would, i'm not great with heat, but even I could up the amount of chili in this a tad. Please see my rating system: a super quick recipe for weekday evenings where the preperation of the veggies took longer than the cooking time. A lovely 4 stars for a recipe that infused heat and sweet very well indeed. Thanks !