Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful summer side dish
- 1 green sweet pepper, stemmed seeded, and quartered
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, prepared as above
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch slices (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons basil or 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- Lightly brush peppers, onions, tomatoes and eggplant with the 1 Tbs. olive oil. Place all but tomatoes on the greased grill rack directly over med. coals. Place tomatoes in 2 foli pie plates, place on grill over coals.
- Grill onion slices uncovered for 10-15 minutes, sweet peppers 8-10 minutes, and eggplant for about 8 minutes or until veggies are tender turning occasionally. Grill tomatoes for 10-15 minutes or till heated through turning once. Remove veggies from grill cut into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, bring water to boil in med. pan. Add basil or oregano, 2 teaspoons olive oil, and salt. Add couscous. remove from heat cover, let stand 5 minutes or till liquid is absorbed.
- To serve fluff couscous with fork. Spoon into serving platter, top with grilled veggies.