Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 5 mins
The marinade for these grilled veggies is awesome! I sometimes also add a skewer (or two)of quartered onions because I LOVE grilled onions! I use the marinade to dip the veggies in when eating. I can make a meal out of this! I grill the vegetables a little longer than 5 min., because I like mine blackened. Prep. time includes minimum refrigeration time.
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 3 small zucchini or 3 small yellow squash (or a combo)
- 1 large eggplant
- 2⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Seed peppers; cut into quarters.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise in half.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- In large baking dish, combine marinade ingredients.
- Place vegetables in mixture and toss well to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Grill vegetables 5-6 inches above coals for 4-5 minutes, turning once and brushing with marinade occasionally.
This was delicious. I used an assortment of veggies, marinated them 2 hours in a ziploc bag, drained them, and then cooked in a stainless grill basket on the grill.
This was a little too vinegary for my tastes. I'm not sure if 6 hrs was too long to marinate the veggies or if it was personal taste. I did add Siracha hot sauce and I loved the spiciness the veggies but otherwise followed the recipe as written.