Recipe by Manda
The marinade for these grilled veggies is awesome! I sometimes also add a skewer (or two)of quartered onions because I LOVE grilled onions! I use the marinade to dip the veggies in when eating. I can make a meal out of this! I grill the vegetables a little longer than 5 min., because I like mine blackened. Prep. time includes minimum refrigeration time.
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 3 small zucchini or 3 small yellow squash (or a combo)
- 1 large eggplant
- 2⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Seed peppers; cut into quarters.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise in half.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- In large baking dish, combine marinade ingredients.
- Place vegetables in mixture and toss well to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Grill vegetables 5-6 inches above coals for 4-5 minutes, turning once and brushing with marinade occasionally.