Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
just because it's vegetarian and you're not doesn't mean you can't eat it.
for basil mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup packed basil leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large flour tortillas
- assortment of thinly sliced grilled vegetables (red bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant,& portabello mushrooms are all great, but don't limit yours)
- 4 -6 slices italian Fontina cheese, thin slices
- basil mayonnaise: In a food processor or blender, puree together the mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, and basil leaves until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- sandwich: Place a tortilla on a flat surface and spread with the basil mayo mixture.
- Arrange 1 or 2 layers of the grilled veggies over the tortilla.
- Lay cheese over top of vegetables.
- Tightly roll up the tortilla and secure with a toothpick.
- Cut into 4 pieces.
- Repeat process for remaining tortilla and vegetables.
Worth the effort. Love the smoky taste of the veggies mized with the creamy taste of the mayo. Thanks.