Recipe by ChaCha & Junior
Delightful concoction Junior just "made up" last summer. Feel free to substitute any or all of the vegetables or cheese (including the amounts) to fit your taste. We usually like at least one pepper with a little zing. Make sure to use a brown or red rice blend, something with a little "oomf" to it. For the dressing Wishbone "Spritz" Balsamic dressing works great!
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cubanelle pepper
- 1 large onion (or more, if you really like onion)
- 1 portabella mushroom
- 1 zucchini (or both) or 1 yellow squash (or both)
- olive oil
- 2 cups long grain and wild rice blend, cooked
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar, dressing
- 1⁄3 cup feta or 1⁄3 cup provolone cheese or 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the peppers in half & remove seeds.
- Skin and cut onion into quarters and peel into individual layers.
- Put all these ingredients in a bowl and pour over enough olive oil to coat well.
- Cut off ends of squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Brush squash and portabella cap with olive oil.
- Place all peppers and onion in a grill basket and place over med to med low heat (we usually put the squash & mushroom directly on the grill themselves).
- Grill as desired (usually 15- 20 minutes).
- Remove the veggies from the grill and cut them into smaller, more uniform sizes.
- In the center of one tortilla, layer 1/2 the rice, the veggie mixture, 1/2 of the cheese and spritz/pour on the dressing to taste.
- Roll up the wrap, tucking the ends and microwave (covered with a damp paper towel) for 20-25 seconds to warm through. Enjoy!
- If you have leftover veggies (we always do) mix them with hash browns and fry for a quick meal later it the week!