1/1 Photo of Grilled Veggie & Tofu Stack With Balsamic & Mint
This wonderful summer recipe is modified from the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen (June 2009). It's easy, tastes delicious, and has fewer than 200 calories per serving! Feel free to modify the vegetables to your preference (I added the tomato).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar or 1/3 cup fig balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaf, plus sprigs (to garnish)
- 1 (12 ounce) container extra firm tofu, cut crosswise into 8 slices, drained on paper towels
- 1 small zucchini, trimmed, cut lengthwise into four 4-inch-long slices
- 1 small red bell pepper, ends trimmed, seeded, cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 1 Japanese eggplant, trimmed, cut lengthwise into four 4-inch-long slices
- 4 portabella mushrooms or 4 shiitake mushrooms, 3-inch-diameter, stems removed
- 1 small head radicchio, quartered through root end
- 1Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Place vinegar and minced garlic in large bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Stir in sliced mint. Season marinade to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2Working in batches, add tofu to marinade and turn to coat. Transfer tofu to baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add zucchini, bell pepper, eggplant, mushrooms, and radicchio to marinade in bowl and toss to coat.
- 3Place zucchini, pepper, tomato, eggplant, and mushrooms on grill. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until charred and softened, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet. Place tofu and radicchio on grill. Cook until tofu is charred and radicchio is charred and wilted, about 2 minutes per side.
- 4Stack tofu and vegetables on plates. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Veggie & Tofu Stack With Balsamic & Mint
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.3
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: