Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Open face cheese - veggie grilled sandwich with lemon - herb mayo on focaccia bread. Great warm weather meal out on the BBQ
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 -2 cup feta cheese
- 2 large focaccia rolls, sliced horizontally
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, minced garlic, and lemon juice. Set aside (refrigerate).
- Preheat grill on high.
- Brush veggies with olive oil (both sides). Place bell peppers and zucchini in the middle, onion and squash on the edges. Cook for about 3 minutes turn and cook another 3 minutes, remove from grill and set aside (peppers may need to cook longer).
- Spread mayo on bread and sprinkle with feta cheese. Place on grill (cheese up). Close lid and cook for 2-3 minutes (until cheese melts).
- Remove from grill and layer with veggies for a great open faced sandwich.
Super yummy, and pretty too! The veggies got a nice sweet flavor from the grilling, which contrasted nicely with the lemon. I had to use ciabbata rolls since there was no focaccia at my grocery store, but they still turned out great. Thanks for the recipe!