- 6 wheat hamburger buns
- 6 large portabella mushrooms
- 6 large red bell peppers, remove stem and seeds
- 1 -2 red onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick (6 sliced needed)
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by grilling all the vegetables carefully so they do not fall apart.
- Once the vegetables are grilled, place them on the bottom half of the buns.
- Sprinkle the veggies with the cheese, letting the cheese melt onto the veggies.
- Place the top bun on each sandwich.
- If desired, wrap whole sandwich in aluminum foil and place on warm grill to melt the cheese even more.
- Serve warm with carrots and cucumbers as sides.