Recipe by Evan's Mommy
A fresh alternative to the "usual" grill items. The grill adds a smoky-like flavor that adds to the overall taste of the pizza. Could easily be made with meat--just add cooked meat such as sausage or hamburger or just add slices of pepperoni for a quicker fix.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Excellent pizza. I used my recipe #178900 for the crust and recipe #44010 for the sauce and it turned out great. Made have veggie and the other half with Italian Sausage. Used red and yellow peppers with jalapenos, red onion and mushrooms. Delicious. Worked great on the grill to. Was ready in 10 minutes. Thanks
- 1 (16 ounce) pre-baked italian prepared pizza crust (found in the deli section of grocery store)
- 3⁄4 cup canned pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables (Some of my favorites are tomato, bell peppers, mushrooms, artichokes, and onion) or 2 cups frozen vegetables (Some of my favorites are tomato, bell peppers, mushrooms, artichokes, and onion)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread sauce atop pizza shell and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange selected veggies atop cheese.
- Sprinkle with basil and parmesan cheese.
- Place pizza on pizza pan or a sheet of aluminum foil and place on gas grill over medium low heat.
- If using a charcoal grill, make sure you are at least 6 inches from coals.
- Cover grill and cook for about 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.