1/2 Photos of Grilled Veggie, Cheese & Bacon Frittata
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
HOLY smokes is this tasty! Great for breakfast, brunch or dinner! I had lots veggies & cheeses leftover from our Thanksgiving celebration. I decided it was time to get creative. I didn't see any recipe here to fit the bill, perused many and came up with this. Any of the veggies can be increased to your liking. If you significantly increase the veggies, you may need to add another egg . I used a panini pan to grill the veggies. Assemble and bake in a pie plate. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 large sweet bell pepper, cut into long medium width strips, yellow, orange, red peppers are best
- 3 -6 scallions, cleaned and trimmed, left whole for grilling
- 6 -8 cremini mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4-1/2 cup Fontina cheese, shredded, substitute sharp cheddar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/4 lb bacon, cooked until crispy, diced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Generously spray (glass) pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Prepare veggies as suggested, rinse and pat dry.
- 4Rub with olive oil and top with a light dusting of salt.
- 5Preheat grill pan over medium heat.
- 6Arrange vegetables on grill pan. Grill until grill marks appear. Turn over an repeat until tender. Mushrooms may take longer to get a dark brown caramelized appearance. Do not over cook. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 7Cut into bite size 1" pieces and arrange on the bottom of a pie plate.
- 8Sprinkle with cheeses and bacon.
- 9Mix together eggs, half and half and Dijon mustard until well blended. Pour over veggie & cheese mixture.
- 10Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes until center does not jiggle. The frittata should puff up as it bakes. *Use a knife to check the center for doneness. This may not work very well because the cheese will come up on the knife edge but the center should be firm.
- 11Slice and enjoy! Serve with a green salad.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Veggie, Cheese & Bacon Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.4
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 319.8 mg
- Sodium 722.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 21.5 g