Most veggie burgers I have tried just have no taste. This is something I developed for flavor in mind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh salt and pepper
- 1 portabella mushroom cap (without stem)
- 1 small red onion, sliced in 1/2 in slices
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, mashed
- 3/4 cup canned chick-peas, mashed
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small carrot, grated on box grater
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Brush marinade on the mushroom and the red onion slices on both sides and grilled them until they are pliable but still firm about 3 mins a side on med heat. Remove on plate and allow to cool slightly. Dice them in small pieces and add to mixture below.
- 2Reserve marinade for brushing later.
- 3Drain rinse and pat dry beans and mash them with a potato masher. Add the carrot, garlic, pepper, ketchup, herbs and egg and mix well. Start adding the bread crumbs a few tablespoons at a time and add until the mixture will stick together without sticking to hands if you roll it.
- 4Make patties and arrange on plate and put in fridge until ready to cook or you can begin to cook on the grill on medium immediately.
- 5Brush grill with olive oil and warm it up on med heat. With the leftover marinade brush it lightly on the tops and put this side down first on the grill and brush to tops for when you will flip them. Grill on each side for 4 mins
- 6Add cheese and whatever other condiments you might like and hope you enjoy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Veggie Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 236.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers