1/1 Photo of Grilled Veggie Bundles
We have so many garden vegetables right now and this is a nice way to use up some of them. This would make a nice appetizer or a side dish for a cook out. The sauce makes these little bundles. You may also have some left over zucchini and squash depending on how small they are.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 slices deli ham, cut in half
- 5 peeled baby carrots, quartered in strips
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1For the sauce combine the last 5 ingredients and set aside.
- 2In medium saucepan bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- 3Add carrots and boil for 2 minutes.
- 4Add onion and boil another minute.
- 5Add zucchini and squash and boil for 30 seconds.
- 6Remove from stove and drain and rinse with cold water.
- 7On a work surface place 1/2 piece of ham and in the center add 2 zucchini strips, 2 squash strips 1 onion strip and 1 carrot strip. Fold the lower end over the vegetables and then the other end.
- 8Place bundle on metal skewers with the folded side first and repeat until you have all the ham used up.
- 9Place them touching each other slightly on the skewers.
- 10Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- 11Coat the cooking grate with oil.
- 12Brush each bundle with the sauce and place on grill.
- 13Cook with lid open for 15-20 minutes until the ham turns slightly brown, basting with the sauce every 5 minutes and turning gently 4 times.
- 14Remove from the grill and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Veggie Bundles
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 1938.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 14.5 g