1/2 Photos of Grilled Veggie and Steak Appetizer
From a Betty Crocker Summer Fun Appetizer booklet. These are basically kabobs that aren't "kabobed", but work great when served as an appy. A grill basket is necessary to keep the ingredients from falling through the racks. I served in a rustic style by pouring into a cast iron pan and providing little plates and wooden toothpicks for the guests to nibble.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, fresh
- 1/2 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 3/4 inch cubes (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup white pearl onion (from frozen, but thawed)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- 2In large bowl, place mushrooms, beef, onions and 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette; toss to coat.
- 3Let stand 10 minutes; drain.
- 4Place mixture in grill basket (or grill wok).
- 5Place basket on grill. Cover grill; cook over medium-high heat 7 to 9 minutes, shaking basket or stirring beef mixture twice, until vegetables are tender and beef is desired doneness.
- 6Stir in tomatoes.
- 7Spoon beef mixture into serving dish.
- 8Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
- 9Serve with toothpicks.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Veggie and Steak Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.8
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 19.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: