This is a great way to use up the last of your garden. Just Bite into this Crunchy roll with tender crisp tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, onions, and mushrooms that's well seasoned with garlic, rosemary, & basil and creamy cheese. The cheese can be omitted for the Vegetarian or those that are lactose intolerant.
- 118.29 ml rosemary oil
- 78.07 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, sliced thick
- 1 eggplant, peeled and slice
- 1 portabella mushroom, gills removed
- 1 red pepper, seed cut in 1/4 s
- 8 slice swiss cheese, of choice
- 4 fresh portuguese rolls
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 8 basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar, r to taste
- Mix first 10 ingredients in a large gallon size bag.
- Marinade for 1-4 hours.
- On hot grill cook veggies till nice and browned and tender crisp about 20 minutes.
- Remove and discard charred skin from peppers.
- Cut mushroom, peppers into slices.
- Arrange veggies on a platter along with the tomato slices& basil leaves.
- Broil roll cut side up to brown.
- Add 2 slices cheese to each to melt.
- If you and your guests want to have fun let them arrange their own sandwich drizzled with some balsamic vinegar.
- Or distribute ingredients yourself evenly among each roll.
This was a great sandwich! I roasted the veggies in the oven at 450*F. for about 20 minutes. I didn't have rosemary oil so used extra virgin olive oil and added about a tsp. of rosemary to it. I used dark wheat sub rolls and left out the fresh basil cause I didn't have any. I put just a light coating of mayo on the bread and drizzled a little more baslamic vinegar over the veggies. Delicious! Thanks Rita!