1/5 Photos of Grilled Veggie and Cheese Sandwich
This is a great way to use up the last of your garden. Just Bite into this Crunchy roll with tender crisp tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, onions, and mushrooms that's well seasoned with garlic, rosemary, & basil and creamy cheese. The cheese can be omitted for the Vegetarian or those that are lactose intolerant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup rosemary oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, sliced thick
- 1 eggplant, peeled and slice
- 1 portabella mushroom, gills removed
- 1 red pepper, seed cut in 1/4 s
- 8 slices swiss cheese, of choice
- 4 fresh portuguese rolls
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 8 basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar, r to taste
- 1Mix first 10 ingredients in a large gallon size bag.
- 2Marinade for 1-4 hours.
- 3On hot grill cook veggies till nice and browned and tender crisp about 20 minutes.
- 4Remove and discard charred skin from peppers.
- 5Cut mushroom, peppers into slices.
- 6Arrange veggies on a platter along with the tomato slices& basil leaves.
- 7Broil roll cut side up to brown.
- 8Add 2 slices cheese to each to melt.
- 9If you and your guests want to have fun let them arrange their own sandwich drizzled with some balsamic vinegar.
- 10Or distribute ingredients yourself evenly among each roll.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Veggie and Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.1
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 432.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: