Recipe by Irmgard
Before I came across this recipe, I had never thought about grilling carrots but they come out so sweet, just like candy. The dressing adds to the finished product. If you don't like zucchini, you can do all carrots.
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub the carrots and cut into 2- x 2-1/2-inch pieces.
- Slice the zucchini diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- In a medium bowl, toss the vegetables with the olive oil until well coated.
- Place the vegetables on the barbeque grill; grill over medium-low heat 4 to 6 minutes for the zucchini and 8 to 10 minutes for the carrots, turning often, until browned and tender.
- Watch the carrots carefully as their natural sugar gives them a tendency to burn easily.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the mayonnaise mixture; toss well.
- Spoon into a serving bowl; sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.