Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
I had a similar dish in R.I. at Venda Ravioli on Federal Hill. Wonderful for the summer! They make the best ravioli and have a wonderful Italian market. They are online @ vendaravioli.com.
- 18 asparagus spears
- 6 carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 6 small zucchini, trimmed
- 6 small yellow squash, trimmed
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 large yellow onions, cut into thick slices
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all prepared vegetables in a large baking dish or roasting pan.
- Drizzle them with the olive oil, tossing gently to coat well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- On a prepared grill, with a hot side and a cold side, place the vegetables on the hot side.
- After just a few minutes, start to turn the vegetables, being careful they do not burn.
- If the fire is too hot, move the vegetables to the cooler side of the grill.
- As the vegetables finish cooking, move them from the grill to a serving platter.
- Cover the vegetables with a sheet of aluminum foil to keep warm.
- While the vegetables are cooking (or can be done ahead of time), bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Allow vinegar to reduce to a thick syrup.
- When all vegetables are cooked, drizzle with the balsamic dressing.