Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Excellent, very similar to those found at the Wild Oats market.
Make and share this Grilled Vegetables Marinated With Oil and Vinegar recipe from Food.com.
- Cut eggplant into lengthwise slices about 1/2 inch.
- Place in a bowl and cover with water measuring the amount used.
- Add 1/4 cup of salt for every 2 quarts.
- Set something heavy (plate) in the bowl with a can on top to hold the slices under water and leave them to soak 1 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile rinse the peppers and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Rinse seeds and white membrane.
- Cut zucchini on diagonal into slices 1/2 inch thick.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove eggplant slices from brine and pat dry.
- Brush all veggies with olive oil and grill them on each side for 10 to 18 minutes.
- Place pepper halves skin side down on grill, cook until the peppers are slightly blackened and the skin is starting to lift off and blister, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Don't cook peppers on both sides.
- Mix marinade together and pour the marinade over the vegetables.
- Cover with aluminum foil and set aside at room temperature to marinade for several hours or overnight.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Serves 8.