Excellent, very similar to those found at the Wild Oats market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggplants
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 3 long slender zucchini
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1Cut eggplant into lengthwise slices about 1/2 inch.
- 2Place in a bowl and cover with water measuring the amount used.
- 3Add 1/4 cup of salt for every 2 quarts.
- 4Set something heavy (plate) in the bowl with a can on top to hold the slices under water and leave them to soak 1 to 2 hours.
- 5Meanwhile rinse the peppers and cut them in half lengthwise.
- 6Rinse seeds and white membrane.
- 7Cut zucchini on diagonal into slices 1/2 inch thick.
- 8Prepare grill.
- 9Remove eggplant slices from brine and pat dry.
- 10Brush all veggies with olive oil and grill them on each side for 10 to 18 minutes.
- 11Place pepper halves skin side down on grill, cook until the peppers are slightly blackened and the skin is starting to lift off and blister, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- 12Don't cook peppers on both sides.
- 13Mix marinade together and pour the marinade over the vegetables.
- 14Cover with aluminum foil and set aside at room temperature to marinade for several hours or overnight.
- 15Serve at room temperature.
- 16Serves 8.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vegetables Marinated With Oil and Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g