Recipe by Just_Ducky!!
Served over couscous, this vegetable-bean combination makes a complete one-dish meal with rich flavours.
Top Review by alvinakatz
This was a nice recipe, but a bit bland for me. I chopped the veggies into bite-sized peices and grilled them in a grilling basket. That made the prep time shorter. I liked the lemony flavour, but I would have increased the amount of spices.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 small green bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- cooking spray
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup dry couscous
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili paste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained rinsed (garbanzo beans)
- crumbled feta (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill. Cut zucchini and squash lengthwise into 1/4-in thick wedges.
- Coat grill with cooking spray; grill zucchini, squash, peppers, and onions 3 minutes on each side or until well browned.
- Remove from the grill and cool.
- Chop vegetables into bite-sized pieces, set aside in a large bowl.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in couscous, salt, pepper, cumin and cinnamon.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir gently with a fork.
- Add couscous, tomatoes and the remaining ingredients to vegetables in bowl, toss well.
- Top each serving with crumbled feta if desired.