1/1 Photo of Grilled Vegetables and Chickpeas With Couscous
Served over couscous, this vegetable-bean combination makes a complete one-dish meal with rich flavours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 small green bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- cooking spray
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup dry couscous
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili paste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained rinsed (garbanzo beans)
- crumbled feta (optional)
- 1Heat grill. Cut zucchini and squash lengthwise into 1/4-in thick wedges.
- 2Coat grill with cooking spray; grill zucchini, squash, peppers, and onions 3 minutes on each side or until well browned.
- 3Remove from the grill and cool.
- 4Chop vegetables into bite-sized pieces, set aside in a large bowl.
- 5Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in couscous, salt, pepper, cumin and cinnamon.
- 6Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
- 7Stir gently with a fork.
- 8Add couscous, tomatoes and the remaining ingredients to vegetables in bowl, toss well.
- 9Top each serving with crumbled feta if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vegetables and Chickpeas With Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.4
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 511.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 12.4 g