Recipe by ellie_
Recipe source: local newspaper
Top Review by teresas
Loved the rub. Because both DH and I don't care at all for eggplant it was replaced with yellow and orange bell peppers. I also didn't have tomatoes :( but they sure would have added a wonderful color to the plate. The rub is so good, and because I have extra I'm going to try it on chicken or maybe some fish. Thanks for posting. :)
For the rub
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
For the vegetables
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 zucchini, cut into quarters, lengthwise
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, woody stems removed
- 1⁄2 lb mixed mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb cherry tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare rub, combine parsley, rosemary, garlic powder, kosher salt, sage, thyme and pepper together in a bowl.
- Rub can keep in an airtight container for 6 months.
- To prepare vegetables, pour olive oil in a large zip-lock bag or marinating dish.
- Add vegetables and seal bag, massaging and turning bag.
- Open bag and sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of the rub mixture onto the vegetables in the bag.
- Prepare grill.
- Place vegetables in a grill basket and place on grill.
- Cover and grill for 8 to 15 minutes, turning a few times.
- Remove vegetables to a platter or serving dish.