I saw this being prepared on 'Canadian Living Cooks' and haven't made it yet. It looked so stunning and delicious on the show that I thought I would share it with everyone. I think its a wonderful lunch or buffet item. Enjoy! (Prep and cook times are approximate and do not include standing time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut eggplant into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices; layer in colander, using 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) of the salt to sprinkle layers Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2Rinse each slice briefly and pat dry.
- 3Meanwhile, place red and yellow peppers on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook, turning several times, until blistered and charred, about 20 minutes.
- 4Let cool enough to handle.
- 5Peel, seed and cut lengthwise into quarters.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices.
- 8In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, 2 of the garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of the basil, remaining salt and pepper.
- 9Add eggplant and zucchini; toss to coat.
- 10Grill eggplant and zucchini over medium-high heat until tender and golden, about 6 minutes per side.
- 11In colander set over bowl, layer peppers, eggplant and zucchini; place plastic wrap on surface and weigh down using large cans.
- 12Let stand for 2 hours.
- 13Reserve 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the reserved juices.
- 14Line 8- x –4 inch (1. 5 L) loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving enough overhang to cover loaf.
- 15Layer with half of the red and yellow peppers, half of the eggplant, all of the zucchini, remaining eggplant and peppers.
- 16In small saucepan, combine reserved juices and wine.
- 17Sprinkle gelatin over top; let stand for 1 minute.
- 18Heat over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- 19Pour into bowl.
- 20Add remaining garlic, basil and vinegar; refrigerate for about 10 minutes or until consistency of egg whites.
- 21Slowly pour over terrine, using spatula or small blunt knife to move sides for gelatin to go down.
- 22Cover with plastic wrap overhang; refrigerate until gelatin is set, at least 8 hours or for up to 2 days.
- 23Uncover and invert onto serving platter, remove pan and plastic wrap.
- 24Slice to serve.
- 25Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vegetable Terrine
Serving Size: 1 (2597 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2317.3
- Calories from Fat 1508
- Total Fat 167.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2434.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 181.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 42.9 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: