Recipe by theblackpeppercorn
This grilled vegetable stack is a wonderful side to any main meat dish. It looks elegant and is surprisingly simple to make! The goat cheese filling is creamy and delicious and goes great with the grilled zucchini and eggplant.
- 2 zucchini
- 2 Japanese eggplants
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) package goat cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the goat cheese stuffing by mixing the goat cheese, garlic clove, shallot and chives together well. Goat cheese is very creamy when it is at room temperature and it should allow you to mix this cheese stuffing so that it is fairly smooth. Put in the fridge until needed again.
- Thinly slice the eggplant and zucchini lengthwise. Discard the outer strip on both sides. You should have 8 strips of eggplant and 8 strips of zucchini.
- Place the eggplant and zucchini on a grill set to high. Grill for about 4-6 minutes per side. They should get grill marks and soften to the point where they are bendable. Remove from the grill and let cool.
- To make the stacks, lay 2 pieces of zucchini together on a plate. Place a 1 1/2 inch square piece of roasted red pepper in the middle of the 2 zucchini pieces.
- Put about 2 tbsp of goat cheese stuffing on top of the red pepper.
- Take the ends of the zucchini and fold it over the cheese. Press down lightly, and they should stay.
- Take 2 pieces of eggplant and lay on top of the zucchini, but going the opposite way. Fold them down and tuck under the stack.
- Serve at room temperature.