1/1 Photo of Grilled Vegetable Skewers
These skewers are great at a barbecue and it's easy to double or half the recipe. Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit (June 2004)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or substitute other fresh herbs that are available, basil and marjoram are good choices)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or other spicy mustard)
- 2 Japanese eggplants, cut into 1 inch rounds
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1 inch rounds
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 1 inch rounds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 8 -10 wooden skewers
- 1Soak wooden skewers for at leat 30 minutes in water.
- 2Whisk dressing ingredients (oil- mustard) in a jar and set aside.
- 3Alternate vegetables (eggplant, zucchini and summer squash) with tomatoes on skewers. Each skewer should hold approximately 6 vegetables (2 of each eggplant, zucchini and summer squash rounds) and 6 tomatoes.
- 4Arrange skewers on baking sheet while you complete all 10 skewers. Brush skewers with dressing. (If making ahead refrigerate for up to 8 hours- refrigerating dressing and skewers separately) Prepare barbecue (or preheat broiler).
- 5Brush skewers with dressing, sprinkle with salt and pepper (if desired).
- 6Grill (or broil) until skewers are tender and charred slightly, turning often (about 10 minutes).
- 7Transfer to serving platter and brush again with dressing.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vegetable Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.4
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g