1/1 Photo of Grilled Vegetable Salad With Tarragon Vinaigrette
Galley Wench's Note:
My taste testers described this salad as an 'explosion of flavor' in your mouth . . .starts out subtle and then builds! Note: To simplify preparation, the blanching of the beans and steaming of the potatoes can be done in advance!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb French haricots vert, trimmed (thin green beans)
- 1 1/2 lbs new potatoes, washed and cut in half
- 3 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 3 (4 inch) portobello mushroom caps
- olive oil (for basting)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (optonal)
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (to taste)
- 2 small shallots, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup salad oil (I used red pepper infused olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, coarsely chopped (and muddled)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch sugar (to taste)
- 1Chill salad plates.
- 3Muddle the tarragon with a mortar and pestle (or mash between to tablespoons).
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and mustards. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until well blended. Stir in shallots, garlic and and tarragon. Add lemon pepper to taste.
- 5BLANCH BEANS:.
- 6Bring a large pot of salted water to a rapid boil.
- 7Drop the beans into the rapidly boiling water and bring back to a boil and cook uncovered for 8 - 10 minutes, testing the the beans after 8 minutes.
- 8Once desired doneness is reached, immediately drain in colander and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process.
- 9Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl, toss with 1/4 cup vinaigrette; set aside.
- 10PREPARE VEGETABLES FOR GRILLING:.
- 11Salt zucchini and place cut side down on wire rack which has been placed on cookie sheet to collect the water. Allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- 12Place potatoes in a steamer (or use a microwave steam bag) and steam until partially cooked, approximately 4-5 minutes (less for microwave), Time will vary depending on size of the potatoes.
- 13To Grill Vegetables:.
- 14Preheat grill and oil grate (or better yet use a grill pan, which keeps the smaller pieces from going through the grate).
- 15Place peppers on grill and blacken on all sides; transfer from grill to a covered dish for 10 minutes, then peel the blackened skin off. (Do not run under water as you will lose flavor.) Cut into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- 16Brush zucchini, onions, mushrooms and potatoes with olive oil.
- 17Grill over hot coals to desired doneness, approximately 4-6 minutes per side, or until grill marks are apparent on both sides.
- 18Remove from grill and cool slightly.
- 19Cut vegetables into 1-inch pieces.
- 20Place grilled vegetables in large bowl and toss with 1/2 cup vinaigrette; top with green beans (drizzling the vinaigrette over the vegetables).
- 21Line chilled serving plates with Roamaine lettuce; top with grilled vegetables.
- 22Crumb feta cheese on top; and garnish with toasted walnuts and tarragon leaves.
- 23Pass remaining dressing.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vegetable Salad With Tarragon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.8
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 261.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar