Recipe by Sarah
Adapted from the Australian Womens Weekly. A favourite dish of mine is veggies cooked on the barbecue, the vegetables listed can of course be varied, I am sure that any combination would taste just as good.
Top Review by Belgophile
We loved this. Simple, delicious and a great-looking, too. I made with what I had on hand -- various peppers, zucchini and corn on the cob -- and served with grilled salmon. I'll definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting!
- 400 g pumpkin
- 3 zucchini
- 2 red capsicums (red peppers)
- 2 yellow peppers (yellow peppers)
- 12 green onions, trimmed
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons baby capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For Oregano Dressing - Place all ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well to combine, set aside.
- For Vegetables - Peel and thickly slice pumpkin; quarter zucchini length ways; thickly slice both types of peppers (capsicum).
- Brush vegetables with half the oregano dressing and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Cook vegetables on heated barbecue grill (medium heat), turning until just tender and with slight char lines. (vegetables can be cooked in batches if your barbecue is small).
- Arrange vegetables on serving platter and sprinkle with crumbled feta, capers and pine nuts (if using). Drizzle over remaining dressing.