1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Another Wolfgang Puck recipe; here he grills vegetables because he says they retain more of their flavor than when steamed or boiled. A grilled jalapeno dressing is used as well. EatingWell Magazine, August/07.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and cored
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved and cored
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced lengthwise 1/3 inch thick
- 1 Japanese eggplant, sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 ear of corn, shucked
- 1 small onion, sliced 1/3 inch thick and separated into rings
- 1 medium zucchini or 1 medium yellow squash, sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, or
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
GOAT CHEESE-GARLIC TOASTS
- 1Light a grill.
- 2Brush the bell peppers, fennel, eggplant, corn, onion, zucchini and jalapeno with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Grill over moderately high heat for about 15 minutes, turning often, until the vegetables are lightly charred and tender.
- 4Peel the charred skin from the jalapeño, cut it in half and discard the stem and seeds.
- 5Coarsely chop the jalapeño and put it in a blender.
- 6Peel the bell peppers; coarsely chop them and transfer to a large bowl.
- 7Using a large knife, cut the charred corn kernels from the cob and add them to the bowl.
- 8Coarsely chop the remaining vegetables and add them to the bowl along with the cherry tomatoes.
- 9Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the lime juice, cilantro and cumin to the blender and puree until smooth.
- 10Pour the dressing over the vegetables, toss well and season with salt and pepper.
- 12Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 13Brush the bread with olive oil and bake for 7 minutes, until crisp.
- 14Alternatively, grill the bread over moderately high heat for about 30 seconds per side, until browned
- 15Meanwhile, in a bowl, blend the goat cheese with the parsley, chives and thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- 16Rub the toasts with the garlic. Spread the goat cheese on top and serve warm or at room temperature.
- 17*MAKE AHEAD The vegetables can be grilled up to 6 hours ahead. Toss them with the dressing just before serving.**.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vegetable Salad With Goat Cheese-Garlic Toasts
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 490.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh goat cheese