Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Coastal Living magazine, just sounds like the perfect thing for a summer meal! I've lightened it up a bit, reducing the oil and cheese from the original recipe.
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 summer squash, cut the same way
- 1 sweet onion, wedged
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl and drizzle with 1 T oil. Toss to coat.
- Grill uncovered over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, turning once.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Toss with vegetables and top with goat cheese.
This one is going straight into my keeper file! Very, very good. I also threw in cubed eggplant and roasted the veggies in the oven at 425 for about 40 minutes. If you oven roast, use two large pans or trays so veggies won't be crowded. Can't wait to try this on the grill. If you haven't tried white balsamic vinegar, go ahead and splurge on some. It's milder than the dark balsamic and very versatile.
Great salad - I served it over a bed of arugula. I thought I had white balsamic, but we were out, so I used regular. It was delicious; the taste definitely didn't suffer from using the dark balsamic (I think it actually gave it a richer better flavor).
I ended up roasting my veggies instead of grilling because I couldn't find my grill pan. I adore roasted veggies, though, and loved them done this way. I thought the dressing was good but found I would have preferred to eat the veggies without it. Made for ZWT8 France. Merci!