Recipe by ellie_
When I made this I also put some burgers on the grill and also used jalapenos instead of the bell peppers. Recipe source: Martha Stewart Living
For the vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into rings
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered lengthwise
- 8 portabella mushroom caps
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces Fontina cheese, grated
- 4 slices bread, halved diagonally
For the salad
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 ounces salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the vegetables combine the first 5 ingredients (vinegar - garlic).
- Place vegetables (onion - mushrooms) on a baking sheet and then pour mixture over the vegetables. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Remove vegetables from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables until tender, turning and brushing with reserved marinade (10-12 minutes, but the onions will cook faster).
- Fill mushrooms with cheese and grill until cheese melts (under 1 minute).
- Grill bread until toasted (under 1 minute).
- Make salad by whisking together the dressing ingredients (oil - pepper) and 3 tablespoons of reserved marinade.
- Place greens salad bowl and toss with dressing.
- Serve with vegetables and toast.