Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the May/June 2006 issue of Vegetarian Times.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup basil, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 2 medium portabella mushrooms
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2 inch rings
- 6 cups Baby Spinach, rinsed and dried
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, parsley, basil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss sauce with asparagus, mushrooms, and onion in a shallow baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes to absorb marinade.
- Coat a grill with oil. Preheat to medium-high heat.
- Place spinach in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- Drain the asparagus mixture, saving the marinade. Grill vegetables for 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until tender and lightly charred. Transfer to a cutting board. Cool for 2 minutes and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Add grilled vegetables to spinach. Transfer marinade to a saucepan and heat until warm. Toss salad with marinade. Season to taste with salt and pepper.