1/1 Photo of Grilled Vegetable Po'boys
I recently came across this recipe and thought it would be a great way to use garden (or farmer's market) vegetables for a simple summer meal. Recipe source: local newspaper (reprinted from Crescent City Farmers Market)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces Japanese eggplants, half peeled (striped)
- 8 ounces red onions, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 8 ounces zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 8 ounces bell peppers (red or green)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
For the spread
To assemble sandwiches
- 1Combine marinade ingredients in a blender and puree. Set aside.
- 2In a blender combine spread ingredients and puree. Set aside.
- 3In a marinating dish combine vegetables and marinade, toss to cover. Marinate 20 minutes while preparing grill.
- 4Grill vegetables over hot coals until tender, turning often. DO NOT CHAR. Peel and slice the pepper.
- 5To assemble, spread po' boy loaves with spread and add tomatoes and lettuce. Lay the vegetables (eggplant, onions, zucchini, roasted pepper, and onion) and the cheese on top. Top with dressed top bread and slice in half.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vegetable Po'boys
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 926.1
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 1904.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar