Prep 1 min
Cook 35 mins
Healthy home made pizza. Low Gi. This recipe makes two 11-inch pizzas.
- 354.88 ml all-purpose stone ground whole wheat flour
- 7.08 g sachet dried yeast
- 4.92 ml salt
Grilled Vegetable Topping
- 29.58 ml basil pesto
- 99.22 g grilled bell peppers, patted dry with paper towel, cut into thin strips
- 70.87 g drained marinated artichoke hearts, cut into thin wedges
- 3 grilled eggplants, patted dry with paper towel cut into thin strips
- 63.78 g bocconcini, thinly sicked
- 59.14 ml picked basil leaves, crumbled
- To make the pizza crust, place the flour, yeast and salt in a bowl. Add 3/4 cup lukewarm water and use a flat-bladed knife to mix until just combined. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Place in a light oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F Lightly grease two bake proof trays.
- Use your fist to pound the dough. Divide into two. Roll both portions and place on two bake proof trays.
- Spread the base with pesto, top with the pepper, artichoke, eggplant and bocconcini.
- Bake the pizzas, turning the trays halfway through cooking for 15-20 minute, or until the top are golden and the bases are crisp.