kelly in TO's Note:
Healthy home made pizza. Low Gi. This recipe makes two 11-inch pizzas.
My Private Note
11" piz ...
Units: US | Metric
Grilled Vegetable Topping
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 3 1/2 ounces grilled bell peppers, patted dry with paper towel, cut into thin strips
- 2 1/2 ounces drained marinated artichoke hearts, cut into thin wedges
- 2 1/2 grilled eggplants, patted dry with paper towel cut into thin strips
- 2 1/4 ounces bocconcini, thinly sicked
- 1/4 cup picked basil leaves, crumbled
- 1To make the pizza crust, place the flour, yeast and salt in a bowl. Add 3/4 cup lukewarm water and use a flat-bladed knife to mix until just combined. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Place in a light oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour.
- 2Preheat oven to 450°F Lightly grease two bake proof trays.
- 3Use your fist to pound the dough. Divide into two. Roll both portions and place on two bake proof trays.
- 4Spread the base with pesto, top with the pepper, artichoke, eggplant and bocconcini.
- 5Bake the pizzas, turning the trays halfway through cooking for 15-20 minute, or until the top are golden and the bases are crisp.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vegetable Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (1428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.1
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 1413.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.2 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stone ground whole wheat flour