Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful way to do veggies, they are so good prepared this way on the grill. You can make these packets up hours in advance, and keep the foil packets in the fridge, just grill them when ready!
- 2 cups fresh corn (cut/shaved from the cob)
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 -10 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon lemon pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided (or to taste)
- In a large bowl, mix all veggies and spices together (except butter).
- Put the veggies on 2 (12x12-inch) pieces of heavy foil.
- Dot each with 2 Tbsp butter.
- Bring ends of foil together, twist to seal(Can poke small holes in the TOP part ONLY! if desired, but is not necessary).
- Grill packets over hot coals for 15-20 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Serve hot -- delicious!.
- **NOTE** olive oil may be replaced for the butter, but the taste won't be as good!.
Made as directed except I used yellow squash instead of zucchini and dried parsley. This was very good!
I like that it can be prepared in advance and then grilled when ready. A wonderful way to eat veggies! During summer harvest of fresh veggies, I need to make this a weekly (or more) recipe for us.
This was so simple but very tasty, even my boyfriend loved it and that doesn't happen often. I added some diced potato to it and used half olive oil and half butter. Thanks a lot!