Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Cooking Light. To speed preparation, use no boil noodles; the baking time remains the same. I would probably grill some sweet onions to add to the mix.
Top Review by Diplo-mom
I made this as a vegetarian option for a large cookout I had. It was a huge hit and was gone by the end of the party. I had all the ingredients ready to assemble at a table next to the grill and then assembled as the veggies were ready. It made the dish go smoothly and both my husband (the official griller) and I enjoyed the whole process. I can't wait to have this again, even with a meat eating crowd!
- 3 eggplants, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices-about 3 lb
- 3 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/8 inch slices- about 1 1/4 lb
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 red peppers, quartered and seeded
- 15 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 26 ounces marinara sauce (homemade or jarred)
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce (homemade or jarred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill.
- Coat eggplants and zucchini with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper. Grill eggplant and zucchini 1 1/2 min on each side or just until tender. Cool; combine in a large bowl.
- Place bell peppers on grill, skin-side down; grill 3 min or til tender. Cut into 1 inch wide strips. Add bell peppers to eggplant mixture.
- Combine ricotta, egg, 1/2 c asiago, basil, parsley, remaining 1/2 t salt, and 1/2 t pepper.
- Cook pasta according to pkg.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread 1/2 c sauce on bottom of 13x9 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce. Top with half of the eggplant mixture. Spread half of ricotta mixture over eggplant mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 c mozzarella.
- Arrange 3 noodles and 1 c sauce over cheese; cover with remaining eggplant mixture. Top with remaining ricotta mixture. Spread pesto over ricotta; sprinkle with 1/4 c mozzarella. Cover with remaining 3 noodles. Spoon 1 c sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c asiago and mozzarella.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.