Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This is a great recipe. When I make the kebabs as a meal I serve them with a loaf of crusty italian bread. Sometimes I grill up some italian sausage to complete the meal. If there are any leftovers I use them in my recipe for pasta sauce. They are also excellent toppings for pizza.
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 lb grape tomatoes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- fresh oregano or dried oregano
- fresh basil or dried basil
- fresh parsley or dried parsley
- cut up the vegetables in chunks and put in large bowl.
- mix up the ingredients for the marinade (I vary the amounts of herbs to my taste).
- pour the marinade over the vegetables.
- cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- after marinating put vegetables on skewers.
- grill for at least 10 minutes turning frequently.
Good, I used mushrooms, green bell peppers, onions and regular Roma tomatoes cut into fourths. The garlic wasn't done when the rest of the veggies were so I think that I will leave them off of the kebabs the next time I make these.
Amazing! I used fig-infused white balsamic vinegar. I will be making this again and again.
Wonderful, versatile marinade. I used zucchini, mushrooms, red bell peppers, onion and garlic cloves. A quote from my son "Mom, I don't usually like vegetables but these are really good!" Yay! The garlic gets very soft and yummy, kinda like roasted garlic in the oven. Its better to use smaller cloves as the larger ones I used didn't get quite soft enough. Excellent marinade - thanks for sharing!