Recipe by lazyme
This recipe is from Jo Anne Merrill. It's simple and goes well with any barbecued dish. You can broil these kebabs, but watch them closely.
- 12 mushrooms
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 onions (sweet onions such as Vidalia, Walla Walla, Bermuda)
- 1 eggplant
- 3 zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare vegetables:.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems, seed peppers and cut into bite-sized chunks, peel onions and cut into chunks, remove stems from cherry tomatoes, slice zucchini into thick slices, cut eggplant into chunks.
- Use 6 metal skewers about 6 to 8 inches long.
- Thread vegetables onto skewers, alternating according to color for a nice presentation.
- Brush with a marinade of the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Grill 4 inches from hot coals, turning and basting frequently.
- Cook for about 12 to 15 minutes.