Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Jo Anne Merrill. It's simple and goes well with any barbecued dish. You can broil these kebabs, but watch them closely.
- 12 mushrooms
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 onions (sweet onions such as Vidalia, Walla Walla, Bermuda)
- 1 eggplant
- 3 zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Prepare vegetables:.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems, seed peppers and cut into bite-sized chunks, peel onions and cut into chunks, remove stems from cherry tomatoes, slice zucchini into thick slices, cut eggplant into chunks.
- Use 6 metal skewers about 6 to 8 inches long.
- Thread vegetables onto skewers, alternating according to color for a nice presentation.
- Brush with a marinade of the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Grill 4 inches from hot coals, turning and basting frequently.
- Cook for about 12 to 15 minutes.