Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a loaded veggie salad. All of these ingredients go well, and are great any season of the year. To make it vegetarian just leave out the cheese! Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 2 zucchini, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise
- 3 bell peppers, de-seeded with the tops and bottoms removed and opened into one long piece
- 2 sliced red onions
- 5 ounces organic mixed greens
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Brush and coat your vegetables with Coconut oil.
- Use an indoor grill, grill pan, or outdoor grill to grill your veggies.
- Place veggies on grill, and watch their progress because peppers take the longest and asparagus the shortest amount of time.
- Remove the veggies as they finish and set aside to cool a bit.
- Remove the charred skin from your peppers.
- Cut all veggies into thin bite sized pieces or strips.
- In a bowl off to the side, mix together your olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl mix veggies, cheese, seeds, dressing, all of the ingredients, chop and mix thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Had this today and it is very, very good. I originally found this recipe when I had run a search for coconut oil which I needed to use. I think this is really good. The changes I made were mostly just that I had tomatoes but no bell peppers so switched those out, I had no sunflower seeds and added cut up precooked beef. Really great taste, the one thing is that this is super rich, so be ready for that! Thanks for the great idea, **Sunday**, this is one to expand on!