1/2 Photos of Grilled Vegetable Couscous
A Messy Cook's Note:
This could be a side dish to grilled meat, a light lunch, or a vegetarian main dish. Recipe is from Light and Tasty’s June/July 2005 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 medium eggplant, slice widthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 10 ounces uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 4 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1/4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1Spritz vegetables with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- 2Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before preparing grill for indirect heat.
- 3Arrange veggies on grill rack over indirect heat.
- 4Grill, covered, over medium indirect heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender; let stand until cool enough to handle.
- 5Bring broth to boil in a saucepan and stir in couscous; remove from heat, cover, and let stand for five minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 6Cut grilled veggies into ½ inch pieces.
- 7Fluff couscous with a fork and add vegetables, green onions, lemon juice, thyme, and remaining salt and pepper.
- 8Toss until combined.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vegetable Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.6
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 417.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g