Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is so good, served with any grilled meal. A good way to use up fresh tomatoes. Adapted from TOH Backyard Grilling with a few minor changes.
Top Review by WiGal
Very tasty, versatile, and lovely! It's rainy here so did this in my oven. I sliced all the veggies very thin, nuked the zucchini slices on a plate covered with wax paper for 30 seconds which was easy to do and the zucchini was cooked to our satisfaction. I used Recipe#290157 instead of creole seasoning but did sprinkle on black pepper too. I put the seasoning onto veggies then sprinkled on the cheese. And as you can tell by my photo I did not add enough cheese-my fault. I omitted the black olives b/c I need to buy a jar. I also used some bread machine bread I had, and the heels here were nice and crunchy. Thank you ~Nimz~ for a nice lunch. Made for Gimme 5.
- 1 loaf ciabatta (I used ciabatta recipe #139236) or 1 loaf French bread, sliced lengthwise (I used ciabatta Ciabatta (An Italian Bread))
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup sliced red onion (about a quarter of an onion.)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (feel free to use more)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) canchopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush cut sides of bread with olive oil.
- Grill cut side down over medium heat until just golden, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill.
- Layer with tomatoes,zucchini and red onion.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, olives and Creole seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare grill for medium indirect heat.
- Place bread on grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until zucchini and onion are crisp tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Grill 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.